Neurotherapeutic Pediatric Therapies has instituted a 24-hour notification policy for cancelling all in-clinic and telehealth appointments. In the event that you are unable to keep your/your child’s scheduled appointment, we ask that you contact our office as soon as possible. This will allow us the opportunity to manage our schedules and to offer available appointment times to another client; it also prevents unnecessary treatment set-up and planning by your/your child’s provider.
To cancel or reschedule Occupational, Physical, and Speech Therapy appointments call:
[lgc_column grid=”50″ tablet_grid=”50″ mobile_grid=”100″ last=”false”]
- Oregon City: 503-657-8903
- NE Portland: 503-257-3878
- McMinnville: 971-261-2159
- Wilsonville: 503-855-3223
- Canby: 503-263-8903
- Hillsboro: 503 -747 -5359
To cancel or reschedule Mental Health and Medical appointments in all locations Call: 503-372-5147 ext. 6
If you have any problems getting through, please leave a voicemail message with the client’s name, your name (if a parent/guardian), appointment date and cancellation reason.
Cancellation/No Show Fees
- Cancellation: Appointment is cancelled 24 hours or more before the scheduled appointment time.
- No Charge will be assessed
- No Show/No Call: Failure to cancel or show up to a scheduled appointment or a scheduled appointment is canceled less than 1 hour before the appointment time.
- A $50.00 charge will be assessed, with no exceptions. This charge is the responsibility of the client or parent/guardian and will not be reimbursed by the insurance company or other third party payer. This needs to be paid within 30 days of missed appointment in order to avoid being put on hold.
- Late Cancel: Failure to cancel an appointment 24 hours before a scheduled appointment; 48 hours for initial evaluation
- A $35.00 charge will be assessed. This charge is the responsibility of the client or parent/guardian and will not be reimbursed by your insurance company or other third party payer. This needs to be paid within 30 days of missed appointment in order to avoid being put on hold.
Late cancellation due to a client/family illness or emergency are assessed by the clinician and the clinical director, and fees may be waived when appropriate.
Frequent cancellations, late cancellations, no shows, or tardiness to scheduled in-clinic and telehealth appointments are disruptive to the optimal delivery of care and may result in change of appointment time, loss of the recurring appointment time, being scheduled on a week-to-week basis, and/or discharge from services.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before the scheduled in-clinic appointment. This allows for time to check in and begin at the scheduled time.
- We recommend that parents/caregivers are involved in treatment sessions. If a parent/caregiver needs to leave the clinic property, please return 10 min. prior to the end of the appointment so the provider can discuss home exercise, progress, etc.
- For Telehealth appointments, a parent/dedicated caregiver needs to be present during the appointment to assist as needed.
- Frequent No Shows, No Calls, and/or late Cancellations:
- Clients with three (3) No Show, No Call, and/or Late Cancellations in a 12-month period (starting from the date of the first missed appointment due to one of the above reason/s), will lose their recurring treatment time and be moved to week-to-week scheduling. Week-to-week appointments can be made by phone or at the check-out desk following each appointment.
- When a client has attended 8 consecutive treatment sessions with timely arrival, scheduling recurring appointments can be discussed with the provider. Appointment times will be based on availability.
- If a client has a late cancel or no show during this week-to-week scheduling, they will be discharged from therapy services. The referring provider and/or case manager will be notified of the discharge from therapy.
- New Clients- Evaluations Cancellations:
- 48-hour notice to cancel an initial evaluation requested, at which time all attempts will be made to reschedule for the next available spot
- Late Cancellation or No Show: The client will be put back on the evaluation waitlist.
- 2 late cancellations or no-shows of initial evaluation will result in discharge from therapy and referring provider will be notified.
- Frequently Late/Tardy to Appointments:
- Consistently arriving 10-15 minutes late is disruptive to the therapy session. Arriving late more than 1 time every 6 appointments (per discipline) is grounds for removal from the recurring appointment schedule and the client will be moved to week-to-week scheduling. Week-to-week appointments can be made by phone or at the check-out desk following each appointment.
- We will still conduct a scheduled appointment if a client arrives within the first 15 minutes of the scheduled appointment start time. However, when late to an appointment, the provider will not extend the length of the appointment at the end to make up for time missed.
- Arriving more than 15 minutes late to a scheduled appointment may require that we cancel the appointment and reschedule due to time constraints. As a result, this would be considered a Late Cancellation and is subject to late cancellation fees listed above.
- Frequently Canceled Appointments:
- Frequently cancelled appointments impact progress of therapy services. Cancelling more than 1 appointment every 6 scheduled (per discipline) is grounds for removal from the recurring appointment schedule and the client will be moved to week-to-week scheduling. Week-to-week appointments can be made by phone or at the check-out desk following each appointment.
- Multiple cancels and rescheduling will require reviewing of scheduled appointments and determining if another time, day, or provider may be more beneficial.
- We are required to discharge clients if we have not seen or had contact with the client/parent/guardian for more than 30 days.
- Vacation Cancellation:
- Please verify with scheduling, any appointments that will be canceled due to a vacation at least 14 days prior to the date/s which will be missed. We are unable to hold any time slot for more than 2 consecutive weeks.
Download a copy of the Cancellation and Attendance Policy Handout